Hot off the presses: Litman's Basics of Pediatric Anesthesia, 3rd Edition
Edited by Ronald S. Litman, DO ML and Aditee Ambardekar, MD, MSEd
Dr. Ronald S. Litman, passed away on April 21, 2021 at age 62 after an all too brief battle with acute myeloid leukemia. Remembered as a giant in the field of pediatric anesthesia, Dr. Litman was an internationally known and respected medical educator, author, and clinician. Dr. Litman was an attending physician at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and a professor of anesthesiology and pediatrics at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. He cared deeply about teaching, mentoring and inspiring others while also caring for countless patients. A passionate advocate for the safe administration of medicine, his lectures, articles, and books have influenced generations of anesthesiologists. Following his bone marrow transplant and during an all too brief interlude when he was feeling better, Ron started the Pediatric Anesthesia Article of the Day.
Shortly before his death, Ron passed the editorship of Basics of Pediatric Anesthesia off to one of his former students and colleagues. Dr. Aditee Ambardekar, an Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical School and a Pediatric Anesthesiologist at Parkland Hospital and Children’s Health, Dallas. (Dr. Ambardekar was recently elected to the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia’s Board of Directors…more about the new Board members will be forthcoming in an upcoming PAAD)
I am happy to inform the PAAD community that the book will be released THIS WEEK! Daphne Klausner, Ron’s widow, is donating a portion of the royalties to the SPA Young Investigator Award. Myron Yaster MD
Save 20% with code ELSEVIER20 at www.us.elsevierhealth.com
From the publisher’s press release:
An outstanding resource for pediatric anesthesia learners at all levels
Written in clear, concise language for superb readability, Litman's Basics of Pediatric Anesthesia, 3rd Edition, provides a solid foundation of essential knowledge in this complex field. It covers everything from general pediatric physiology and pharmacology principles through important pediatric diseases; preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care; anesthesia for a full range of specific surgical procedures; pain management; and critical care. An excellent resource for learners of pediatric anesthesia, this tightly focused, user-friendly handbook is a well-regarded resource that has been used to train pediatric residents throughout the world.
• Covers new topics such as the current research on neurotoxicity and health care disparities in pediatric anesthesia and pain.
• Contains new “Deep Dive” boxes with more detailed information on key topics throughout the book.
• Features a helpful introductory chapter on congenital heart disease.
• Includes carefully chosen seminal articles from the pediatric anesthesia literature.
• Ideal for rotations in pediatric anesthesia, board certification or recertification review in pediatric anesthesia, and as a reference for everyday clinical practice.
• Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.